I love prints but I’m often terrified to wear them. They are usually too overwhelming and/or completely unflattering. But, I think the trick to making them work, is picking one printed item that is in a color scheme that is complementary to your skin tone. And, a pattern that is suited to your personality.
My nickname to some, as coined by Benny Fine, is Apples. I love the name and I love the fruit. And I subsequently love the print. I found this cute “apron cut” top at a small boutique on Melrose here in Los Angeles. I pull it out when I am feeling spunky. And, today was the day, I guess! Red always makes me pop and black is slimming, so it’s a good fit.
I paired it with a white cami and my black skinny Jolt jeans. Of course I wore my owl necklace and gold watch. They go with everything.
I was feeling adventourous and wanted to embrace my “wanna-be” Sarah Jessica Parker waves, so I diffused my hair. I added a few curls with my Conair 1” curling iron to define the look. I went super simple with my makeup, and just added a bit of liner, mascara, and Lancome Juicy Lip Gloss.
So have fun with your patterns. They are a great way to show off you personality. And yours is so cute.
- haleyjor reblogged this from lisbugstyle
- haleyjor likes this
- laurakhansen22 likes this
- gokiaraworld likes this
- simmy3tara reblogged this from lisbugstyle
- simmy3tara likes this
- freemix16 likes this
- maggiemas likes this
- horsiegirlclaire likes this
- samanthabyram13 likes this
- lisbuglove reblogged this from lisbugstyle
- forgivemyawkwardness likes this
- iheartbarnes likes this
- kannne likes this
- sum1whocares likes this
- ameliepoutine likes this
- redsoxfanatic4life likes this
- hornyvirginproblems likes this
- leopard-reverie likes this
- teragramnil likes this
- d0wnbytheseaside likes this
- bllets reblogged this from lisbugstyle
- lisbugstyle posted this